Once EndNote is installed on your login, open EndNote and save an empty file onto your computer.
- Double-click on the EndNote icon on your desktop, or Click on Start > Programs > EndNote > EndNote Program.
- Click on New. You will need to decide where on your own computer or personal directory you want to keep your EndNote Libraries. You may wish to keep your all EndNote libraries in one folder, or you may wish to keep your EndNote library in the same folder as the related Word files.
- Enter a name for your new Library. EndNote will add ".enl" extension (for EndNote Library) automatically.
- Using the "Save in" list, choose the location where you would like to save the Library. You might like to save it now.
- The preview window at the bottom of the page shows how a selected reference would be displayed using the currently-selected Output Style. Select your Output Style from the dropdown menu at the top left of the screen.