What is a Wiki Space?
A wiki work space is an area inside the Confluence wiki system with:
- separate page name space
- separate permission settings
- possible distinct visual representation / branding
What is a Wiki Space good for?
A wiki space can be support a collaborative project where several users (or just one) collaboratively create a set of pages, accessed by a number of users - who may be able to just read the pages, comment on them, or modify the content as well.
A wiki space can be useful, e.g., in the following scenarios:
- a collaborative project just among a few researchers
- a departmental collaboration
- a student project
- publishing material for a course (lecturer creates pages, students can read and comment)
How do I get a Wiki Space?
Request the wiki space via the ICTS Helpdesk.
Have the following information ready for the Helpdesk:
- Wiki short name - a persistent identifier, e.g., LIBRSTAFF. Only letters and digits allowed.
- Wiki long name - a descriptive name of the project. Up to one line.
- Preferred permission settings (see below).