The UC Research Repository is an open-access database of original research authored by Canterbury academics, researchers and postgraduate students. The aim of the Repository is to expose UC-authored research to as wide an audience as possible, by providing free access to full-text research through common internet search tools, such as Google Scholar and SCOPUS.
The Repository provides an enduring archive for Canterbury research, and features a well-structured, search engine friendly database format. The Repository is integrated with the UC People & Research Database and the Research Profile. We are also a member repository of the National Library of New Zealand's Kiwi Research Information Service (KRIS). NZResearch.org.
The UC Research Repository is has the following:
- Provides a highly complementary, barrier-free source of scholarly communication
- Each piece of research is given Provides a unique, permanent URL to each piece of research
- Complies with publisher copyright policies
- Opens up your work to a much wider potential audience
- Research appears quickly in Provides access to the research via ubiquitous search tools (Google Scholar, SCOPUS and others)
- The Repository is Is fully integrated with your Research Profile
- It's Is easy to contribute to - full support provided
- Easily Provides easily accessible statistics
You can add your research in one of three ways:
- Self submission via the UC People & Research Profiler Database - check our quick guide to uploading research for more details
- Emailing the full-text research to the Repository, or your Information Librarian
- Using the thesis self-submission guidelines
We send out results for Colleges and the University as a whole every three months. From the start of 2013 we included reporting by college.
- Q1 2011 Repository statistics
- Q2 2011 Repository statistics
- Q3 2011 Repository statistics
- Q1 2010 Repository statistics
- Q2 2010 Repository statistics
- Q3 2010 Repository statistics
- Q4 2010 Repository statistics
- Repository Overall Report, Q1 2012
- Repository Overall Report, Q4 2012
- Q1 2013
- UC Research Repository Report 130515.pdfOverall Report for Q1 2013UC Research Repository Report 130515.pdfUC Research Repository Report 130515.pdf
- Arts Q1 2013 ReportUC research repository report for Arts - 1st quarter 2013.pdf
- Business and Law Q1 2013 ReportUC research repository report for Business and Law - 1st quarter 2013.pdf
- Education Q1 2013 ReportUC research repository report for Education - 1st quarter 2013.pdf
- Engineering Q1 2013 ReportUC research repository report for Engineering - 1st quarter 2013.pdf
- Science Q1 2013 ReportUC research repository report for Science - 1st quarter 2013.pdf
You can find statistics for a group of authors within a College, School or department. You can view all works for an individual author in the Repository. You can also create a list of the 'top' PBRF-eligible items in the Repository as a whole, or by College, School and departmental units, and do the same for theses.