Browsing NetLibrary eBooks
- Browsing enables you to look through your selected title for as long as you want, but if more than 15 minutes elapses without active use, your session ends and it will be returned to the 'shelves'.
- No one else can access a title while you are actively browsing it. If you are finished with a title, click on Close Item in the left navigation bar to release it for other users.
- Move between chapters by using the Contents tab in the left navigation bar. You can resize this bar by dragging on the border, or clicking the small orange arrow. To bring the bar back into view, drag the left border into the middle.
- To move between pages, click on the Next and Previous buttons at the top right of the screen, or enter a particular page number into the box.
- Text size varies between books. Use your browser's Zoom function to enlarge the text if needed.
It is not necessary to login to browse and read books, but can be useful if you want the system to record notes for you, or if you want to mark books as favorites. You need to create and remember your own login.
If a title is already in use
The system allows you to look at the table of contents, and there is a link to request to be notified (by email) when the title becomes available.
NetLibrary assigns an hourly allocation for printing. To print, the system downloads the pages you have requested as pdf, and you need to open and print them inside Acrobat or other pdf software.
Help screens are available from the NetLibrary homepage, and in some contexts, from the question mark icon on the page.
The homepage displays the books you are currently reading, so it is easy to navigate between the homepage and what you are reading. You may like to open the Help pages in a new tab or browser window.
Finding other eBooks in NetLibrary
Search by keyword, title, author, or full text fields. You will find Basic Search on the NetLibrary home page and on the right side of every page with the exception of the advanced search page.
- Enter search term in the Basic Search field
- Select Keyword, Title, Author or Full Text
- Click Search
Construct more complicated searches using multiple fields and Boolean operators.
- Click on the Advanced Search tab located in the top navigation.
*Use the drop down menu to select search parameter (Title, Author, Full Text, Subject, ISBN).
- Enter search term or multiple search terms using Boolean operators.
- Click Search
Tip: you can refine search results by using optional limiters such as publication year, publisher or language, and limit search scope to specific types such as Audiobooks or eJournals or databases if available.