Blue Fern Document Collection
See also our TrainingDocs.
- Getting Started on the Power755 Cluster
- Getting started on the BlueGene P
- How to mount HPC filesystems on your desktop system
These are IBM Redbooks & White Papers mostly downloaded from the IBM red books site.
HPC Toolkit Documents
- An introduction to Blue Gene/L - for a general overview of Blue Fern.
- Application development on the Blue Gene - read this to get started with Blue Fern.
- Blue Gene performance analysis tools - to tune your applications on Blue Fern.
- Blue Gene system administrators guide - if you really want to know this stuff...
- Exploiting the Dual Floating Point Unit in Blue Gene/L - making that "double hummer" FPU fly - and also a good analysis of the sorts of problems you run into with data alignment errors.
- MPI Performance "Secrets"
Other Blue Gene sites
- The Blue Gene wiki at Argonne National Laboratory.
- The Blue Gene wiki at NCAR (National Centre for Atmospheric Research)
- Blue Gene at LOFAR, including some useful case studies and porting documents.
- Blue Gene at Boston University
General Blue Gene/L Documents
- The IBM Blue Gene Mapping Service. You can use this service to optimize the task layout of your Blue Gene application. See the instructions and the white paper.
- The IBM Blue Gene Support page
- The IBM Blue Gene downloads page
- The IBM Blue Gene page.
- The IBM Blue Gene research project.
- The top 500 super computers.
- A 2006 presentation about using Blue Gene at NCAR.