UC HPC runs a Data Transfer Node (DTN) to facilitate GridFTP transfers between UC HPC and other NeSI sites.
The DTN is split into two parts:
- GridFTP server itself runs on dtn.uoc.nesi.org.nz (behind the scenes, this host is also known as viz0.canterbury.ac.nz).
- User registration pages are at https://dtn-reg.uoc.nesi.org.nz/register/
A user must first register at https://dtn-reg.uoc.nesi.org.nz/register/ to link their Tuakiri identity (institutional login) with their UC HPC account. This is necessary even for University of Canterbury users.
After that, user can go to Globus.org and authenticate to the DTN ("activate the endpoint") with their Tuakiri login.
The UC HPC DTN is known in Globus.org as nesi#bluefern_canterbury.
The UC HPC Student system has a separate Data Transfer Node (DTN) at hpcgrid1.canterbury.ac.nz.
For the student system:
- User registration pages are at https://dtn-reg.uoc.nesi.org.nz/register-students/
- The registration can take up to 5 minutes to propagate to the DTN (these are not as tightly linked as the main UC HPC DTN and its registration pages)
- The UC HPC Student system DTN is known in Globus.org as nesi#bluefern-student-hpc.